This is a great journey to go on with friends! Here are some things you can talk about for the Presence of God:
Discussion/ Reflection Questions
- What does it mean to practice the presence of God?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how difficult is it to become aware of yourself – of your own heart? Of God?
- What impressions do you have of Brother Lawrence’s story? Do you know other experiences that are similar?
- In 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, St. Paul tells us to pray without ceasing. What do you think that means?
- What kind of conversations do you have with God as you go throughout your day?
- What are the biggest road blocks for you to remain relationally aware of God?
- What kind tangible items can you use in your daily life to remind you to pray continually?
- If someone is experiencing doubt and frustration regarding connecting to God with this kind of loving awareness, what advice or consolation could you bring him/her?
- What excites you most about this session’s content?
- What aspiration do you need this season?