This is a great journey to go on with friends! Here are some things you can talk about for the focus on Meditation:
Discussion/ Reflection Questions
- What is the most important focus of a Christian’s meditation?
- What have you learned throughout your life that can help you with meditation? From whom did you learn it?
- What is the difference between entering meditation with the intent of love v. something else – like peace?
- What image do you have of Jesus when he prayed?
- Why do you think meditation is so necessary for becoming who God made you to be (a saint in union with him).
- What is your experience of meditative prayer?
- What are you most likely to do during your meditation?
- What are some of the barriers to meditation in your life? Interior? Exterior?
- What are some of the helps that you can create in your own life in order to develop a habit of meditation?
- When have you experienced being “blank” when it comes to prayer? What do you do with that internal state?