Do your kids ever move as slow as molasses in the morning? Well, take a guess about mine. Today, however, I inadvertently stumbled upon something to make my little one walk more quickly to school. Bubbles. I was out on the porch waiting for the kids to get on their shoes. Since I haven’t cleaned up the porch from all of our summer fun, an assortment of bubble containers greeted me. Nonchalantly, I meandered down the driveway. My kids came out and skipped quickly to grasp the translucent pearls floating in the air. I quickened my pace and the kids gladly followed, feeling as if their walk this morning was magical. That’s what beauty does for me.
Maybe today, you, like me, need a few bubbles to delight you on your walk. So, here are three beautiful things that can help you along your path to heaven this day…
Continue reading “We Need Something Beautiful to Follow”
Do you ever want to pray but not really know what to do? Here are some ideas for about 10-15 minutes of quiet personal prayer. What do you usually do? What are your ideas? What is best for you? Leave a comment if you wish!
Ideas of things to do during personal prayer time
- With Jesus, read, think and talk about part of the New Testament, slowly.
- Lift up your family to God. Imagine that you are standing next to them and you are all right before the throne of God. Smile at the Lord and show him your people.
- Lie down and hide yourself in God’s arms. Let go of your troubles. Trust in the Lord. Let your breath speak His name.
- List on paper or mentally, people in your life. Let your list be your prayer for them.
- Think deeply with God about the people in your life. Pray for their needs and hopes. Ask God how you can help.
- With God, list your responsibilities. Tell Him what you are having the most trouble with. Note the ideas that come to mind as solutions.
Continue reading “Personal Prayer”