Do you ever want to pray but not really know what to do? Here are some ideas for about 10-15 minutes of quiet personal prayer. What do you usually do? What are your ideas? What is best for you? Leave a comment if you wish!
Ideas of things to do during personal prayer time
- With Jesus, read, think and talk about part of the New Testament, slowly.
- Lift up your family to God. Imagine that you are standing next to them and you are all right before the throne of God. Smile at the Lord and show him your people.
- Lie down and hide yourself in God’s arms. Let go of your troubles. Trust in the Lord. Let your breath speak His name.
- List on paper or mentally, people in your life. Let your list be your prayer for them.
- Think deeply with God about the people in your life. Pray for their needs and hopes. Ask God how you can help.
- With God, list your responsibilities. Tell Him what you are having the most trouble with. Note the ideas that come to mind as solutions.